Saturday, April 28, 2012

Not Cool - Day 11

Is it "cool" to follow God? In the world's eyes, No.

Is it "cool" to rely on God's direction for your life? In the world's eyes, No.

Is it "cool" to believe in God... someone that is not seen? In the world's eyes, No.

How do you or can you believe in God when there is so much bad that happens or has happened to you or in the world? How do you know there is a God? How can you have faith when bad things happen? Why would God allow so much hurt and destruction?

Above is several questions that have been asked of me and some I have felt and questioned myself. But stop for a minute and think....

Have you ever sat in a chair and worried if it was going to break OR did you believe and have faith that it was going to hold you up? Do you eat food everday and wonder if it is going to make you sick OR do you just have faith and eat. Do you look at the ground you walk on and wonder if it is going to fall or do you have faith with every step that it will be solid?

To me God is real and I choose to believe that there is a God. I look at it like this...I would rather believe there is a God instead of not believing and when I die find out that I should have believed when I stand at the gates of Heaven. What do I have to lose by believing in God? Nothing, but I do have everything to gain by believing.

God never promised this life would be easy but he did promise to be with us during each and every step. I have mentioned this before and I am going to repeat it...if God allowed His son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and suffer for our sins how can I not expect some form of suffering or trials in my life? Adam and Eve disobeyed God and they suffered consequences for their disobedience. Just as a child I suffered consequences from my parents so we as women and men suffer consequences for Adam and Eve's actions even today. Women suffer pain/labor in childbirth because of Eve's actions and men suffer burdesome labor or hard work in their work. This is written in the Bible in Genesis 3:16;17, God is speaking to Adam and Eve after they disobeyed and ate the apple.

Genesis 3:16
To the woman he said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children."

Genesis 3:17
To the man he said,
"...Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life."

We all suffer consequences for our actions in everyday life but some of our actions cause other people to suffer the consequences. For example, you are riding on a bus/train/plane/car and someone else is driving if they fall asleep and cause a crash we suffer. Just as in my car accident I suffer because of someone else's actions.

Bottom line...I would rather be "not cool" and believe and have faith in a God I can not see than to die and realize that I missed out on eternal life in Heaven.

Today, choose to look around you and see all of God's beauty. Take a few minutes and look at the grass, the birds, lizards, the sun shining, the sun's reflection on the water, the beautiful sky, rain, clouds and know that God made it all.







No comments:

Post a Comment