Friday, April 20, 2012

His Plans Not Mine - Day 4

Have you ever woke up in the morning and planned your day only to have to re-plan as you go along? This was me today... I woke up, got dressed and sent my husband off for an inservice at work. I had so many things to do that my list is now two pages long of to do items. I kept telling myself I did not have time to do my daily quite time that I would put it off until tomorrow. Then I realized...I was on a journey to get better and heal...so I did my devotion and prayed my daily prayer but this time I asked God to direct my steps in what He wanted me to do today. After I finished my quite time with God I mapped out my day.

It went something like this...
1. Continue laundry (now that I have all my family under one roof again we have assigned days to do our laundry and of course I am behind)
2. Ironing (I used to love it but when you have two loads of laundry needing to be ironed and the washing machine and dryer still to unload...need I say more?)
3. Plan dinner
4. Plan a surprise evening out after dinner with hubby
5. Try driving around the block
6. Try going into the grocery store
7. Find a home for all the "stuff" that I moved out of both of my daughters rooms when they moved back home
8. Start my online Bible study questions
9. Clean out and rearrange the garage
10. Walk a half mile
11. Schedule Doctors appointments
And the list goes on...sounds like a pretty good, quite and uneventful day...BUT that is not how my day unfolded. Remember..I asked in my prayer time for God to guide my steps today.

So, after quite time it started...I made sure one daughter was awake to take a test at the college this morning. Only to find out when she went to leave the house that her ID was in the car that my hubby took to work. Which meant she would have to miss the test and try and reschedule it. After numerous calls to the college she had to reschedule the test, this caused her to be very upset because she had been studying for it all week and all night. BUT it was an opportunity for me to show her love and the ability for her to have more time to study. Thank you God for this chance to show love and encouragement.

Then I went and woke up daughter number two and after breakfast she started in on her outside chores assigned as punishment. Her attitude was roaring as if she was a lion about to attack and I let that energy come out in her yard work. The attitude has been hanging around for a little longer than it should and dealing with some other issues as well. My attitude I could feel was starting to grow so I thank you God for yard work and the ability to remain calm and ask for forgiveness for my attitude.

Next daughter number three woke up, ate breakfast and started job hunting only to be discouraged by the constant let downs of organizations not hiring. Thank you God for the doors you are going to open for her and the chance I have to encourage her.

Then my granddaughter woke up and was ready to dance, run, play, sing and scream the second her feet hit the ground. Thank you God for the energetic, bouncing, bubbly precious gift from you that keeps me running around acting as if I was two years old and in need of a nap by noon.

As I went about my day I kept praying for all of my girls and the wisdom to be able to help them in each of their unique situations. I was blessed to have two very dear christian friends come over and visit my husband and I tonight. Their words of wisdom, experience and encouragement were right on time. Just as God is never early or late but right on time with what I need when I need it.

Tomorrow is another day to try and do my to do list but if God has other plans for me then I welcome the interruption.

"My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up." Ps. 5:3 NKJV

"We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails." Proverbs 19:21 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment