Wednesday, April 25, 2012

This Little Light of Mine - Day 9

After a tough afternoon riding in a car to and from an appointment with my husband and having my PTSD rear its ugly head because of the car ride. My husband pulled into 7-Eleven on our way home.




When we pulled up and stopped all I wanted to do at that point was get home. We had the cable guy at our house and had already received one phone call from one of our adult daughters asking how much longer before we were home. She felt uncomfortable that the cable guy had arrived and needed to come in the house. She wasn't alone her sisters were home too but it increased stress/anxiety I was already feeling. I closed my eyes and said a prayer for protection and peace for her as well as myself. When I finished my prayer I opened my eyes to see my husband come walking out of the store with my favorite all time drink. A Slurpee...not just any Slurpee but a banana Slurpee. Thank you, thank you, thank you hubby!! Brain freeze here I come....YIPPPEEEE!!!





We pull up at home a couple minutes later and ease our daughters mind. Cable guy left a little while later and we decided to do hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill... potato salad and sweet tea. What better way to end a beautiful sunny day then sitting outside grilling with my husband and our girls.

With dinner being done everyone went in the house and I took the food off the grill and thought I turned the grill off. A couple hours later my husband rolled the gas grill into the garage and closed the garage. Yeppers, you guessed it, fast foward to 5:30 am when one of our daughters discovers that the gas grill has been on all night with the flames going inside. A much smaller flame then when I was grilling of course because the gas was running out and the flame was starting to disappear.

I thanked God for His protection and that the flame was contained to the inside of the closed grill. It reminded me how much a gas grill is like christians. If you leave a flame burning it is going to burn out and you have to refill the gas to keep the flame alive. We, as God's children, have to keep our light alive by fueling ourselves each day with His word. Without His word lighting our souls daily we are going to be just like the flame on the gas grill... the light is going to go out.

The little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
The little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine..........

No comments:

Post a Comment