Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Not Giving Up - Day 21

I want to start by saying that today I wanted to give up doing my journey. This is and has become harder than I realized it was going to be. This is my real raw life, raw emotions, raw truth, raw physical issues and pain that has been locked away for too many years. Going back and opening doors that I locked away decades ago is not easy. In fact it down right stinks!

I reached out to a prayer warrior and asked for prayer because I wanted to give up. I was reminded that I was on a healing journey. It made me stop and think. If I physically get hurt, such as a cut, at first it hurts but then over time it heals and eventually the pain goes away. This journey is going to be no different...at first this is going to hurt but in time the pain will go away.

A timely blog post that I read tonight was from Stephanie Clayton. The below paragraph is just a small portion of her powerful blog today. If you want to read her full blog post go to stephanieclayton.org.

                                  Why must I go back?
Have you ever heard someone say, “You can’t move on to the future until you have
effectively dealt with your past”? I have, and I believe it is true. We don’t go back to
the past so that we can re-drag ourselves through suffering. We go back because it
helps us understand why we are the way we are. And when we understand these things,
we can effectively address our self-destructive behaviors, and move towards change.

So my blog followers, follow along as tomorrow I get back on track and refuse to give up and move forward on this healing journey of mine.

"I will rise on eagles wings
no more sorrow, no more pain"
I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin



No comments:

Post a Comment