Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Mere Kernel

I had a feeling come over me similar to the feeling as I began this journey. A feeling of peace but this time I also experienced faith and complete trust in some situations. What a wonderful feeling to have burdens lifted and to feel the weight on my shoulders lighter.

I can't explain the feeling but without warning things I have worried about suddenly did not consume me or bother me. I had prayed about them and given them to God and this time I was determined not to take them back. This was another huge step.

I had trust issues and trusted no one. This is why I had a hard time having faith in God. To have faith you have to trust. In Matthew 17:20 it talks about having faith as a mustard seed, or a mere kernel as The Message version reads.

"Because you're not yet taking God seriously," said Jesus.
 "The simple truth is that if you had a mere kernel of faith, a poppy seed, say, you would tell this mountain, 'Move!' and it would move.
There is nothing you wouldn't be able to tackle."


Again, and I will probably repeat myself a thousand times through this blog, I am Standing on His Promises to see me through my journey!






1 comment: