Friday, August 30, 2013

Stick With It

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

It has been a long time since I sat down to write. I have started and stopped several times to do a reflection post on my journey back and this week in the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies with Melissa Taylor our hash tag word is #StickWithIt. So I have decided to StickWithIt and will be posting my reflection post soon.

A few years ago my brother attended an event with his Pastor where Lysa TerKeurst was the keynote speaker. When he left that event he called me and told me about Lysa TerKeurst and read several pages of her book, Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, to me. I knew I needed the book when he read 80's music and skating. You see my grandparents owned and operated several roller skating rinks when I was growing up. I learned how to skate before I walked and started competing before I started Kindergarten.

At that point I was hooked and knew I needed to get the book, check out Proverbs 31 Ministries and learn about Lysa TerKeurst. I was home at the time and unable to leave because of many health issues including the chronic dizziness and ringing in my ears. When I came across Melissa Taylor's Online Bible Studies it was a blessing. Proverbs 31 Ministries has forever changed my life.

Fast forward three years..after many YestoGod moments and truly releasing everything to Him the good, the bad and the ugly I had the honor to meet Lysa TerKeurst at an event that God opened the door for me to attend. The same Lysa TerKeurst that my brother called and read me pages of her book. Since I chose to stickwithit God has continued to amaze me with the blessings He provides. My life is far from perfect...Since coming home from SheSpeaks a month ago my trust and faith in God has and is being put to a test. (More about that in a later post.) But through it all I am determined to StickWithIt.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

God know the plans we have to trust. We have to walk in faith. Just like when you board a train and it goes through a dark tunnel you don't jump off and run... you trust the conductor. When you are flying and you go through rough weather and turbulence you don't jump out of the plane... you trust the pilot. It is the same with God... all we have to do is have faith and trust Him. StickWithIt knowing that ultimately that battle has already been won.  

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 5:20
 
If I had not said YestoGod at that moment when my brother called me and continued to grow and push myself beyond my limits I would not have had the opportunity to meet Lysa TerKeurst this year at She Speaks. (I met many amazing women that have changed my life and will write about that in another post soon.)




I sent this picture to my brother on my way down the NINE floor elevator ride. (Yes, I said NINE floor elevator ride...OH MY!!)  Had it not been for my brother's obedience to God to reach out to me and plant a seed I would not be where I am today and I would not have had the honor to meet women that have changed my life. What is God asking you to be obedient about? Calling a friend, encouraging a stranger or giving of your time.

So today no matter your past and no matter what is going on God has a plan. I have seen His provision and know there is no other way I want to live than by trusting God. It may not be easy at times and it may get rougher but knowing that  He has gone before me and lights my path why would I ever want to walk any other way than the path He is leading me on!?! Don't give up my friends if you are struggling today. If you have a past that is haunting you or chains that are binding you reach for the One that can heal you inside and out. StickWithIt my friends when times are rough it is only for a season. Look for the blessings even when it is hard. Ask God to reveal himself to you and then look for Him.

If you are struggling and need prayer leave a comment below and allow me the honor of praying for you. If you have struggled and seen God provide share with me I would love to praise God with you.


8 comments:

  1. How sweet of God to bless you with meeting Lysa. So glad you stuck with it and very thankful that you shared today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christa! I enjoy learning under you in the Gap Studies. Thank you for all you do!

      Delete
  2. hahaha---could you imagine people jumping from planes or leaping from trains? That's exactly what I did when I read that part in your post!! I went to the SheSpeaks conference as well for the first time this past year and I was #amazed!! Thanks for sitting down to write your #stickwith it moment. Truly enjoyed it. God bless you and your family!

    Trish (P31 OBS small group leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish! That would be a site to see in the skies or on the ground. I agree with you SheSpeaks was amazing all my sessions I was truly #amazed at God's presence and his nudging! Thank you for your sweet words. God bless you!

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet you either! Love you bunches

    Melissa S OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Melissa! You my friend blessed me!! Love you bunches too!

      Delete