Thursday, October 17, 2013

Perfect Love

I am reading Renee Swope's book A Confident Heart and in Chapter 2 she speaks about God's #perfectlove.
 
God's #perfectlove is all around us. It can be seen in the flowers, clouds, sunrises and sunsets.
 
Hearts are seen as symbols of love. We tell people we love them and write a little heart or even draw hearts on paper when we are thinking of someone.
 
A few years ago I was struggling with family, health and just feeling overwhelmed. When I closed my eyes plugged in some worship music and got lost in worshipping God. I had a glass in my hand, that I forgot I was holding, it broke and shattered on the floor. As I was picking up the pieces I found a piece of glass in the shape of a heart. Not a perfect shape but an imperfect shape. Here is that piece of glass.
 
 


 

That piece of imperfect heart shaped glass reminds me of God's love for me. We don't have to be perfect to experience His #perfectlove.


 


 
Through our doubts, insecurities, comparasions and fears one thing remains constant and that is the perfect love of God.
 
 
 
 
Renee Swope says on page 41 of her book, "Jesus knows your pain, fears, doubts and disappointments. He understands your dreams and desires. Although some of us feel uncomfortable that God knows so much about us, it is good to be known, to be listened to and not judged. Jesus is the only One who can meet our deepest needs to be accepted and delighted in simply because of who we are. We can offer nothing but our presence, and He will desire us just the same."
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Everywhere I turn now I find hearts...(on the walls where a candle is burning, on our fence, on our fireplace, tissues and even in a can of vegetables) ..... as if God is leaving me little love letters reminding me of His #perfectlove, saying I LOVE YOU, LOVE GOD!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 



33 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! It is so special how God is leaving messages all around you to let you know that He loves you!! I love that you have the photographs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words! God's love is all around us and I love looking for Him in the small things.

      Delete
  2. Love this and Love all the heart photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Wonderful how God's #perfectlove messages show up everywhere. I'm inspired to look for them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! His love is all around us even in the gentle breeze of the wind or flowers in a garden. When we seek Him with all our heart we will find Him. God Bless you!

      Delete
  4. I have a picture of a reflection of the sun in the shape of a heart on a tree. I was in awe of it. It was only there for a few minutes, but I did capture it with my camera. Another time I was sitting on my prayer swing (see my blog) ;), I looked down on the ground and saw a heart shape that looked like it was drawn in the sand. I did not draw it.
    I think God has ways of reminding us that He is real, alive and wonderfully cares so much for us. Even by having hearts here and there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing! I love, love, love that you have pictures too! So awesome! He is reminding us that He is real and alive. I will have to check out your blog. God Bless you!

      Delete
  5. Awesome! God's love is indeed a #perfectlove and as you've shared with us, EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, His love is #perfectlove. Thank you! God Bless you!

      Delete
  6. Love the hearts!! At the beginning of Summer, I was walking along the docks at work, praying and a yellow butterfly started flying along side of me, dancing and playing. All through out the summer, no matter where I was, I would be visited by yellow butterflies during quiet moments of prayer with God - at home walking my dogs, driving in my car, at work, etc. It was like God's special way of letting me know he was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! Thank you for sharing! I love that you saw the butterflies during your quite time with God. Such special moments to remember. God Bless you!

      Delete
  7. Love this! Love letters from God everywhere. I'm not sure I have ever taken the time to look for hearts like that. I know I have experienced God in so many ways for which I am so very thankful. Thank you for sharing your love letters from God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love searching for God in everything all the time. Love that you have had special moments with God. Thank you for sharing... God Bless you!

      Delete
  8. Wow Denise I loved this! I love hearts so this blog blessed me so much today to see all these pictures. Now I am going to be looking a little closer for them. Thanks so much for sharing those beautiful reminders. That broken glass is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thankful that you were blessed by the hearts too! God Bless you!

      Delete
  9. How wonderful, I love how He shows us His #perfectlove in such ways that we would never expect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise! I love all those heart photos! Isn't it amazing how when God is speaking to us about any certain thing we run into it wherever we turn? He is pursuing you with His love today. :) And what a comforting thought to know He delights in us just as we are. Blessed by you, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly! You are so right and His love is so amazing! Thank you for always showing His love. God Bless you sweet friend!

      Delete
  11. Awesome! That's what came to mind after reading this....Awesome, how awesome our God is....thank you so much for your blog post and inspiration.....love & peace to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our God is Awesome!! Thank you for your sweet words. Love and God Bless you!

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for the heart love letters from God. I will start looking for them. I collect hearts but I never thought of that. I guess I was once God's Love letter to my parents because I was born on Valentine's Day and my parents wanted a girl so badly and the doctor told her that she would have her third boy. Well I was born on that Valentine's Day and when my mom heard that she had a girl she asked the doctor if he was sure. My parents had decided not to give each other anything for Valentine's Day that year. I guess God had other plans. I will look for his love letters from now on. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee for your beautiful story! You have been such a blessing. God Bless you!

      Delete
  13. I love the hearts! What a beautiful reminder of God's love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, God is so awesome! He loves you! He is our #perfectlove! The hearts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God is so awesome and He love you too! Thank you and God Bless you!

      Delete
  15. This was a great post! Its wonderful on how our God cares so much about us that He makes it a point to let us know in the simplest ways. You've encouraged me to take notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So glad that I could encourage you. God Bless you!!

      Delete
  16. This just gave me the warm fuzzies! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete