Thursday, November 17, 2011

I love you! Love, God

It started out as a rough day.

First, I was trying to encourage my step-daughter in her home school lessons only to be met with complaining and lies. No matter how hard I tried to turn around her negative talk it just kept getting worse. Next, my husband came in frustrated and immediately started getting upset with us. So I decided to walk away to try and squish my rising emotions.

I tried to play my Ipod so I could listen to Kari Jobe but the battery was depleted. My oldest daughter sensing my frustration gave me her phone and put on Pandora with Kari Jobe. I plugged in the head phones and headed to the kitchen to clean.

At that moment my emotions had got the best of me. Anger, frustration and disbelief in the situation. All I could do was whisper God help me, please help me right now. I remember reading and watching Lysa Terkeurst on a blog one time saying something to the effect (not her exact words but what I took away from it) that you should just call on the name of Jesus when you can't put words together. That is exactly what I started doing Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, help me!

I was putting away dishes and the chorus to the song playing through the head phones suddenly got my attention "How Great Is MY GOD, sing with me How Great is MY GOD". I closed my eyes and lifted my hands to the ceiling and cried. Not just little tears but sobbing as I whispered and sang the song in my head. Thank you God is all I could whisper. Another song started and my heart was pounding and racing I could feel God's presence. I could feel peace all around me. I became calm, comforted... Oh my I am in God's presence. What a wonderful feeling, I didn't want it to stop. 

Suddenly I was brought back to reality by the shattering of a dish that I forgot I was holding when I reached up to the ceiling to worship God. As I started picking up the pieces there it was another sign from God. A piece of broken glass in the shape of a heart. Not a perfect heart but a jagged heart. Saying to me "I love you! Love, God".

Somehow during all of this I had made my way from the sink into my pantry (the only quiet place in my house at that time) and just stood there thanking God. Thanking Him for every little thing and asking for forgiveness. One song after another kept playing and I kept praising Him.  

I follow people on twitter and after I came out of the pantry my phone started going off with tweet alerts like it was a dinner bell ringing. They said:
*Are you making the most of misc. moments in your life? Renee Swope

*God wants us to complete one another, celebrating and encouraging each others strengths...Renee Swope

*Use your words as bricks to build others up, not as bulldozers to tear them down. Renee Swope RT of Joyce Meyer

*The more frequently u turn your attention 2 me, the better balanced ur life will be. Renee Swope

*I can trust the ONE who has my best interest in mind. AW Tozer

Below is the actual piece of glass that I have taped to my journal to constantly remind me of the bad day that turned out to be the very best day!


2 comments:

  1. God is so good and right on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it! That piece of broken glass is so awesome. A true treasure from God on that day.

    ReplyDelete