Thursday, January 3, 2013

INTENTIONAL

As the New Year begins, instead of coming up with New Year's Resolutions...that I always break... I picked one word. A word that I will focus on all year.

The word is INTENTIONAL.

I started to write about this very word in the middle of July last year. I procrastinated, got busy and never finished it. At every turn no matter what I was doing the word INTENTIONAL kept popping up. So when a sweet lady in my Bible study group suggested picking a word for the New Year instead of a resolution I started trying to figure out my word. Then they shared a collage of "My One Words"  and INTENTIONAL was big and bold.

That was it! INTENTIONAL my word for the year. So I went and pulled my blog notebook out and found the post I was going to write.

Intentional... Have you ever thought about this word? Up until today I really had not.

Intentional means on purpose, deliberate. Hmmmm.... I am intentional......wait......am I?

What are some ways we are intentional in our lives?

We are intentional about putting food in our bodies to nourish or satisfy a craving.

We are intentional about taking a shower so that we are clean.

We are intentional about getting rest so we can focus and function.

We are intentional in the way we treat people.

We are intentional about going to school, studying or for some people skipping class. (Yes, I did that a few times.)

We are intentional about going to the Doctor if we don't feel well...well, some of us are.

Are we intentional about the time we spend with God? With our family? With our friends? Or has what I call "stuff" (cell phones, computers, T.V., over booked schedules and busyness) gotten in the way?

I know I need to become more intentional daily in God's word, my prayers and in my words and actions. How about you? Are you living intentionally or are you just living?













No comments:

Post a Comment